View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
wildcard
Senior Yorkie Talker

If you are going to breed dogs you cannot keep them all and give them all the attention they deserve. You have to trust your screening process and your ability to judge character when you place a puppy. I know on the face of it you are missing him but underlying that do you believe that no one can care for him or love him as well as you? If so, I would have to concur that dog breeding is probably not the best avenue for you to celebrate your love for the breed. There is nothing wrong with that, and you can use your time and $ in an effort to purchase the best quality dog you can find to show and even special, and after its breed ring career is over you can enjoy so many other things with that dog- therapy, or a companion sport like rally or obedience, or any number of things you can participate in with your dogs. There are so many ways to enjoy your chosen breed other than breeding them.

I think the visit could be good or bad. Good if you are able to maintain emotional control and not shower the puppy with too much attention-- his attention should be coming from his new owners. Bad if you upset him and them. It might be better to wait a few days so he is more confident in his new surroundings.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!