View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
chanel49
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixiepuff View Post
Even though she is 14 months I wouldn't breed her as it's her first heat. She will probably have hard enough time figuring out what it happening to her the now never mind ending up pregnant.

I sound like I am talking about a human here haha, but I do believe its too early for her. She was later to mature so I don't think she would be ready for motherhood yet.

I'm not going to hark on but think about all the costs involved and the heartbreak you might end up with. Premature pups, emergency c-sections, your beloved little girl dying in childbirth.

On the other hand there are a lot of positives, it's up to you to weigh them up. At the end of the day its your descision and we can only provide you with information and opinions to help you make that descision

I found this site and all of the links VERY helpful. Hope it helps you decide. Good luck in whatever you do.

So you want to breed, I want to breed my Dog, Should I breed My Dog?
Thanks for the site, it does look helpful, I'll waite for her next heat to make sure, meanwhile I have time to get info and learn more. I know it's a difficult decision and we do love Chanel believe me, I feel nervous about the whole thing. We have lots of friends and family who want Chanel to have puppies to have for their own , for they know Chanel and love her personality. It’s not like I need to find homes for them, they would go to good caring loving people I know and always get to see them and always be a part of Chanel.
A few years ago we had a five year old Beagle whom we loved so much. We went out to New Hampshire to spend Thanksgiving with family. Something terrible happened , we couldn’t find our Beagle. We soon discovered that he was attacked by a pack of coyotes. He was immediately rushed to a nearby vet Hospital. He was bleeding badly and had lost a lot of blood so got a blood transfusion. He did well with the surgery and we were praying for the best. He spent the night at the hospital, however, the next day he got worse. He had internal bleeding and couldn’t be saved. It was the worst Thanksgiving ever. we lost our true friend Huckleberry. He was part of our family and was a great loss. We had great regrets that we didn’t get a chance to breed him to keep a part of him alive. We even called the breeder whom we got him from just to hear more bad news. They told us how they had recently lost all of their six beagles over some contaminated water that they drank in a nearby lake. They were hoping themselves for Huckleberry to have been breed, he was one of their last litters from their family tree and all that’s left is memories. We were all heartbroken.
chanel49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!