View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Miss Magoo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Welcome to YT! Phoebe is adorable!!!

Bella will be 15 weeks on Saturday and I took her to the groomers at 12 weeks. I spoke to my vet and she gave her the nasal spray stuff to prevent her from picking up anything from the groomers. I'm just drawing a blank on what its' called right now. Anyway my vet has a groomer that comes into her office so her patients will feel better about taking their pet to be groomed. Of course by doing it this way the waiting list is LONG to get in to see her, but it can ease alot of concerns. Ask your vet for recommendations, they may be able to offer some advice.

Anyway, I ended up taking Bella to a groomer near Cincinnati since I was going to be up there and I LOVED him. So much that I'm taking Bella up there to be groomed. He had 5 yorkies at one point and knew exactly what I wanted and how to make me feel better about leaving Bella there with a stranger. So when I went back to get her, he said she had done fine. The only problem she had was with the grooming of the face area. He suggested when I am up there (about every other weekend) to drop in and he will groom her face to get her use to it. He said he would do it at no charge and trim her nails for free. You can see why I was so thrilled. Add to that he was beyond reasonably priced, so even with rising gas prices it's still worth it for me.

Good luck finding a groomer.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!