Thread: Feed Nutro??
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Shelby&Seymour
"& Seeger, too"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdys2003 View Post
I went to buy Science Diet at the local Quality Supply and the woman there convinced me to buy Nutro Dog Food. I went to the vet the following week, and he said "Absolutely Not!" Said he saw more dogs with pancreatis and somthing else on it. He said it is junk. I asked him if Science Diet was really any better than other food, and he said absolutely. That the dogs that were on Science Diet had far fewer illinesses and lived longer. He had went to Hills Farm about three months ago, and said they have 150 Vets on staff doing nothing but research on their food. He said he doesn't care where I buy it, but in his opinion it's by far the best for one's dog!
Pat
Sadly, There are very few dog foods that haven't been in a recall. Last year in March, there was a melamine toxin recall that included MANY of the popular dog food brands. Here is a statement from the announcement:

Popular pet food brands from Iams, Eukanuba, Hill's Science Diet, Purina, and Nutro are included in the recall, and major retailers involved include Wal-Mart (Ol' Roy), Target, PetSmart, Kroger, Food Lion, Price Chopper, Publix, and Safeway. Menu Foods is also a contract manufacturer for many of the top pet food companies, including Procter & Gamble, Nestle Purina PetCare, and Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc.

Less than two months after Menu Foods' initial pet food recall, at least ten other pet food manufacturers announced their own recalls for pet foods and treats potentially contaminated by melamine toxins in the wheat gluten or rice protein concentrate ingredients. These manufacturers include Hill's, Nestle Purina PetCare Co., Del Monte Pet Products, Sunshine Mills Inc., Wilbur-Ellis, Cereal Byproducts, Chenango Valley Pet Foods, American Nutrition, Royal Canin, Diamond Pet Foods, and Natural Balance Pet Foods.

I am considering a new "raw" diet for Shelby & Seymour.... I just have to do a little more reseach. (We had a really good speaker on this subject in Kansas City)

OH....... and thank-you amandawash for the "heads-up" information!!!

Last edited by Shelby&Seymour; 07-01-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Shelby&Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!