Thread: Dixie...
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
~Dixie's_Mom~
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Dixie...

Well, I'm in tears...I, and my family have basically come to the conclusion that we can't keep Dixie anymore. We've come to this conclusion many times in the past, but I just couldn't do it. I love this dog will all of my heart and soul, and would do anything for her. I just honestly think it isn't fair to keep her anymore. She spends 24/7 in my sister's bedroom, only getting attention from us in the morning when we let her out of her crate, and at night when we feed her, and play with her, and some nights if we watch a movie I let her sit on my lap in the living room. This dog is my shadow. She's my baby. I keep telling myself that if I love her, I'll be able to make this work, and make time to spend with her, but I've finally realized that truth is that if I love her, I need to let her go. I honestly don't know if I can do it...I really don't. I can't even look at her because I bust into tears every time. I want whoever reads this to understand that this is killing me, but I need to do this for her. I want whoever takes her to be close. I want to see her quite a bit. Once I get my licence I'd like to come see her on weekends, or maybe just once a month if I can. I want to keep in close contact with this person, I'd like photos, and updates, and I want to help any way I can, if something happens to her, I want to be there, if the person goes out of town and needs a doggiesitter i'd like to do it, and if the person can't keep her anymore, I'll take her back no questions asked. I love this dog more than anything...she's my best friend. Dixie needs a home with someone who has no other dogs. She likes cats, but she really doesn't get on well with other dogs except for Lucy who she grew up with. I don't really want her to go to a home with little kids. She's so small (under 4lbs) plus she gets nervous around little kids. My sister is 12, and she loves her, so I'd say kids 12+ would be fine. I'm not really sure what I picture as the perfect home for her...I've always pictured her going to college with me, and being with me until she's old...I want to meet the person, and have them meet her. I want to talk to them for a good while before they get her. I want to know this person, and be friends with them. I need to trust this person. I have so much more to say, but I should probably get on to telling you about Dixie. Dixie is AKC registered with champion lineage, but is under 4lbs, and I DO NOT want her bred. I want her spayed, and I'd like proof of that. Dixie's very attached to me. I'm not really sure how she'd do without me, and that's one of the reasons I've put this off for so long. She's trained to use puppypads, but if you take her out every 2 hours or so she goes outside, and I think with some time she could easily be housebroken. She's the sweetest dog I've ever known. She's perfectly content to just sit on your lap all day. She probably will take a little time getting used to someone who isn't me, but I know that in time she'll be okay. She's really good about being groomed. She lets me clip her nails, bathe her, brush her, and clean out her ears regularly. I'm not sure how she'd be going to a groomer, she's never been. I'm not even really sure how to describe her...she's just this amazing dog who deserves an amazing home. I wish with all my heart I could provide that for her, but I can't right now. In a few years when I'm older, and live on my own, I know that I could, but I could never ask someone to keep her for 2-3 years and expect them to give her back...and allowing her to suffer for 2-3 years is just not fair for her. It'd be selfish of me to do so. I don't know if I'll be able to give her up...I may find the perfect home for her, and then not be able to do it, I honestly don't know, but I need to try for her. I really hope you guys understand where I'm coming from, or at least try. If there's anything I can do to better the situation, we may keep her, but I just don't see that happening any time soon. My dad is a preacher, and we live at the church. We hope that some day we'll have a house, but I have no clue when that will be, and I can't make Dixie wait for it. Another reason I've kept her for so long is hoping that the day we get a house will come, but it hasn't...If anyone thinks they can provide a home for her, please let me know. I know I'm asking alot of one person, but I need to know that she's better off where she is. Not only better off, but in the perfect home. Perfect's hard to come by, I know, but I'm willing to wait. I'm in no hurry, I just can't put off trying anymore. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this....

Dixie:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...DSC_0123-2.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...e/DSC_0009.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...e/DSC_0015.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...e/DSC_0147.jpg

I'm really not sure what to ask for her...I bought her for $1,500 but she's priceless to me. I'll ask $900, but if anyone thinks they can provide the perfect home for her, and they can't pay $900 please do not be afraid to ask about her. I'm 100% willing to negotiate the price. Thank you again for reading this.

DIXIE LUCY HOLLY
~Dixie's_Mom~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!