View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
nydia
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Has anyone experienced this before?

Okay so I am a beginner breeder. I do not breed for profit I really breed for my very own perfect show dog. I have yet to accomplish what I am looking for and I have only bred 3 time in 3 1/2 years, 3 different dogs. I have never sold any of the babies. My first litter I only had 2 and I kept them. My second litter I had 3, two went to family members and the other I kept, and this last litter I only had 2 and for the first time I put them up for sale. For once I wasn't going to keep them and for once I was not going to keep them by passing them on to family who I can always go visit at any time or call to check up on the babies. I have found as a breeder that I am no good. I get attached to all the babies and find it hard to let them go, for instance, this last litter I sold the little boy after caring for him for 3 1/2 months I sold him to a woman who was buying a dog for her fiance because he lost his dog 2 years prior and to her seemed to never get over the lost of his friend of more than 12 years. Anyway ever since I sold him mind you they showed me their home it's lovely and their yard is huge and I know the new daddy will just love him and take good care of him but for some reason I could not sleep the past 2 nights he has been with them and I wonder if it would be wrong of me to give them their money back and take my baby back? I couldn't sleep thinking what if he falls down their steps? They have two floors in their big home where I only have one level I live in a 3 bedroom condo with four steps down to the yard and I kind of spoiled Moo Moo because when he would cry to get picked up to go down the steps I would pick him up mind you he was the biggest of the two babies I had, so he never learned to go down the steps alone which I mentioned to the new owners but I don't know I'm just nervous for him. Has anyone else ever gone through this? You sold your first pup or gave one to a stranger not family or someone you could easily bother to check up on your baby and feel like something is missing afterward? I have five babies now when I had six and I don't know I feel like something is missing without MooMoo.
nydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!