View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Dina_Nichole
I Love My Munchkins!
Donating Member

Cool Pia TV update! Sorry this has taken forever.

Hi everyone First, let me apologize for not giving an update a long time ago. Some of you know about this and some will be clueless. Last October or it might have been early November Pia was chosen to be in a comercial. I had never entered her but my mother actually did and it was a BIG shock that she was chosen. I was reallllllllly excited but also very nervous because Pia is not good with strangers. She gets really nervous and I was never sure about her doing the comercial. She was scheduled to go in for pictures so a portfolio could be created for her. They actually cancelled the sesssion and scheduled it for the beginning of the year. The comercial wasn't going to be shot for many many months later, so this was no big deal. When the time came for us to go I actually ended up cancelling. I got really nervous about the entire thing and I had to make the trip alone with her (about 3 1/2 hours away) so they let me reschedule. They were super nice about this and then when it was time for her to go in again, my one grandmother passed away. At this point I didn't care about the comerical and honestly the excitement was gone. I ended up calling and telling them I would not be rescheduling and please find another for the comercial. I truly felt ignorant for backing out after everything but I never had a good feeling about Pia doing this stuff.

Well, I never regretted my decision until yesterday. Mikey and I took Pia to petco with us to buy new food. By the way, they love this Wellness brand. It wasn't even her turn to go (I take turns with all of them) but because of her anxiety with strangers I took her anyways because I knew once we got back we were all going to the park. So she was all worked up as usual and hiding her little face in my shirt. Then this lady came up to me and asked if her daughter could pet her. I bent down to the little girl and Pia got petted and that was it. The lady and I talked for a bit and she asked to see Pia actually stand on the floor. We were just in an aisle alone so I didn't mind. I could tell the lady wasn't some freak. She was just shocked about Pia's size and wanted to see her better. Well, Mikey went to the one end of the aisle with Pia and we were at the other end. I figured she'd just run and we'd get a good laugh. I was truly shocked on what happened next.

Pia pranced her little butt down the aisle the entire time walking fast but not running. She had that nose as high as it could go and went straight to the little girl, not me. She then like backed her butt into her, it was so funny. She turned around and then pranced back to Mikey. He went to grab her and she started jumping around all excited and came back prancing to me again. At this point we had a little audience behind us. Some guy started clapping as a joke and I figured that would be it. She's going to freak but she didn't. She kept prancing and was really getting into the attention. She at one point went past me and out to everyone looking at her and was just doing circles prancing. I have never ever seen anything like this from her when out in public. She'll prance at home and acts silly but this was sooooooooo NOT like her. She loved the attention!

Now I feel like I made a terrible mistake with this comercial thing. Maybe she would have enjoyed it and I never gave it a chance. I just feel really bad now about it and its not like these opportunities happen all the time. What is the chances of her ever getting picked for something like this again? So now I'm wondering if I should go have the pictures taken and just see if were ever contacted. I also goofed and shaved her and this was a big NO NO! So I guess I have to let her hair grow back before I decide on anything.

Would you guys even bother? I want to do what is right for her. Maybe this was some strange fluke that happened yesterday. However, I can't help thinking yesterday was a sign. I never allow the babies on those public floors, or let them walk like that and yet for whatever reason I did it. I guess I have time to think about it because her hair still has to grow back, hahaha.

I'm sorry this update took forever. Maybe we'll give it a try someday again but atleast those that wonderd about this now know whats going on. I know this was FOREVER long, so thank you for reading!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!