View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #14
missdesis
Yorkie Yakker

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiebear View Post
Yesterday, all of us were outside in the pool, swimming and having a big time, and my husband left to go to the store. He left through the garage door, pulled the car out of the garage, and came back. About 30 minutes later our neighbor came up in the front yard hollering for us. She had picked Pookie up out of the street, and we had no idea that he had slipped out the door when my husband left for the store. He was walking down the street like he knew what he was doing. OMG he could have been run over, kidnapped, gotten lost...the list goes on and on. I learned my lesson. Anytime someone opens a door at my house, I'll be right there with them to make sure they don't let my baby out. Cause he can scamper out and you don't even see him. I love my baby so much, I can't believe that happened. I did pick up a thank you gift for my neighbor, cause she didn't have to take the time to do what she did. I feel so irresponsible, I feel like I've been a failure to my baby. Will anyone out there own up to this happening to them? It sure would make me feel better. Ya'll don't think less of me now, please!!!
I am so glad to hear you got yours back. I wasnt so lucky, we had similar happen two weeks ago.

I couldnt get my baby on a leash becuase of a surgery I had done just two weeks prior. I had my son take him out and John Wayne got away from him. I didnt even know that he was running around, my son was side tracked and figured he would just come back. But my knock on the door didnt bring good news. I felt beyond irresponsible and can really relate. There really isnt a day that goes by I dont relive that day and what I could have done different.

I am so glad to know that yours is OK and that you have a second chance. It does warm my heart because I wouldnt wish this type of pain on ANYONE or ANYTHING. Unfortunately, they are sneaky little buggers and when they want something, they go for it.

I am just so happy that this story had a happy ending! So, take comfort that these things happen and it doesnt make you a bad mommy or irresponsible.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!