View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
Tobias
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Losing a best friend soon. Non-Yorkie related

It's time to lay my almost 17 year of Siberian Husky to rest. He's lived a healthy, no health issues ever, life but old age has caught him. Over the past few months we've been happily waiting on him 24/7 but his quality of life has diminished and I believe we're being selfish. Today, my wife and I discussed the situation with my father and we all agreed it was time. The later was the difficult part. Sid will be greatly missed by our family and everyone in the neighborhood but I feel my father, retired at seventy six and more active then all of us, will be effected the most. He's been attached to Sid since he was a pup and walked him three to four times a day. We did also but it was never enough for my fathers standards. In my opinion those standards were his way of saying he loved Sid but was too tough to let it out. They also share the same birthday, Jan 1st.

I hope "G", our 9 year old Husky, gets though it ok. They were playmates since she was a pup and to this day they cuttle in the alley and the basement. I'll have to break in a new routine and let her sleep upstairs with Tobias and us. It'll work out.

Sorry for the off topic thread. I needed to get this out and my home has become an "I don't want to talk about it" zone since the decision was made. - John
Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!