View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo's Mom View Post
Sorry about that hun. When I get on here I just figure everybody knows everybody. Kind of like picking up the phone and calling your friend down the street. I've babbled on so much I just figure in my mind I guess that most of you knew. I should have been more clear. Don't think it can be changed now. I know you all probably get tired of me posting anytime my boy takes a breath, but it's doing wonders for me and his parents. Heck, I've even showed MY parents. The kindness of your hearts know no bounds.
Maw Maw Neese
LOL...no, it PROBABLY WAS just ME who doesn't know! I try to catch most posts, but sometimes get distracted and after being an ICU nurse for 25 yrs, I have to pick and choose when I'm emotionally able to deal with more health issues...it really finally got to me and I get so sad about people (esp. kids or animals) being gravely ill that it really affects my day anymore. It's not b/c I don't care; it's b/c I care too much.
I know what parents go thru when their child is so sick (and grandparents too) and I wouldn't wish it on ANYONE ever! I know how I feel about my PETS for goodness sake, having a sick child and worrying whether he's going to live or not, I don't know if I could handle the emotional stress! Although, you have to be strong for the child, but I know it's heartbreaking and terribly frightening. Nobody wants an innocent child to have to endure the strangers, the testing and the treatment; all kids should be able to play with abandon and grow up healthy. I worked with infants and children whenever we got them b/c our heart unit was specific and that's where ANY heart surgery came, and I LOVED it, b/c when a kid got better, there was no better feeling in the WORLD than seeing the parents be so relieved! It's like the weight of the world had been lifted from them.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that Nathan will do great with the ICD!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!