View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
mommaofmia
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I use a medal crate that you can buy at walmart. This is her potty.. I placed a old christmas rug on the bottom and put pee pads on top of that. When she was smaller I'd put her in the potty and shut the door until she went, which didn't take 30 seconds. She learned that when she went she would get out so she went pretty fast and learned that this was her potty. This is the only place I have a pee pad and thats where she goes. It's her own personal potty. We recently went on vacation for a week and we stayed at a nice cabin on the lake. I took her potty with us and she only had one accident and that was becasue I had shut the door where her potty was located. She did really good with it there. I am very pleased with her progress and even though somtimes she makes a mistake, it's usually mine because i forgot to change her pad or something like that. She doesn't like a dirty pad. She will go pee about 3-4 times and poo 2 times and that's it. My time to change it. and she lets me know if I hadn't.. I am happy I chose pee pads over going outside. This way she stays clean and no tick, fleas, or mosquito bites. Plus if were going on a trip or something and we have to stop at a rest stop to let her go, she will go on the grass, so that's good too. Hope this helps with your research...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!