View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
hviola
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Need advice about neighbors pet.

This has nothing to do with yorkies, im sorry if I shouldnt post it here. But theres this little girl that comes over to play with my son. She is in 5th grade. Her dad let her keep a stray kitten. She comes over to show it to me today. Looks about 6-7 weeks old. The poor things eyes are so infected, that they are swollen shut. And it has a scar down its head. The kitten is not allowed in the house, so her dad built a 'box' for it outside on the porch. Her dad told her she could keep the cat but he wouldnt pay for anything!! She didnt have food for it and was giving it cows milk. I gave her a big bowl of cat food to give to the cat.

If I took her and the kitten to the vet to get medicine and shots (which I would do in a heartbeat), it would likely end up a stray anyway since it can't live inside. Probably would end up pregnant or dead. I tried to get the girl to give up the kitten, and she refuses. She is really attached to it, but this friendly kitten needs help and a warm bed!!! I dont know what to do or if I can do anything. This just tears me up.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!