Thread: Update on Sammy
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
Kendraleigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Update on Sammy

Well, we've made it through another night and he only had diarrhea once which is great! This morning was a little tough b/c I tried giving him all of his meds, but he kept spitting them up with white foam. I don't blame him at all b/c I'm sure they taste really bitter (pill form).

He did keep down his flagyl which really seems to be helping with his stools. Every hour he's been eating cheerios, rice krispies, or pita bread. I have the pickiest dog ever! He's also drinking on his own and very upbeat! Today he's only had 2 bowel movements and the one was a little drop that was formed and the last one was a typical pancreatitis poo (yellow mucousy and loose). I'm not worried b/c he's eating and keeping it down so the doctors aren't worried about loose stools. As long as he's hydrated, we're good! He's begging for food and playing with a new little stuffed lamb we got him yesterday. Right now he's napping with my husband...very cute. We also took him outside to get fresh air and he peed on EVERYTHING and kicked his legs back to cover it up and then was chasing birds. I really think we're headed north on the road to recovery.

In order to continue doing well, I'm going tonight and probably tomorrow to have fluids injected under his skin. Even though he's drinking on his own, the doctors say it's very important to keep them really hydrated to heal the pancreas. He doesn't drink during the night either so this will give us peace of mind and help him feel better with each day.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dog foods after pancreatitis? I've tried the Royal Canine high fiber, low fat, but of course he doesn't like it. Any others that might be a success? Cereal and pita bread can only last so long!
Kendraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!