View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
dagibbie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_mom_atx View Post
Stream of conscience thread:

When Francis goes to the pad to pee, I go to praise him, but he gets excited and stops peeing and runs to me. When I bring him back to the pad, he's no longer peeing. Am I supposed to praise him immediately after he pees?

Also he poops on his pad about 30% of time. Could it be that he doesn't like to pee and poop in the same place? Is there something I can do to encourage doing all of his business on one pad?

Who sells the washable pee pee pads?

And what type of carpet cleaner do you recommend to soak up the smell and prevent accidents happening in a treated area?

thanks!
Generally got a small treat every time he went on the pee pad. It took me a bit to figure out why he could go all day without going and then he would go on the pee pad 4 or 5 times after we got home and he had gone on a walk. He was just doing it to get a treat! Smart one I always waited until he was finished and let me know he was finished before he got the treat. He would bark or jump on me to let me know. Now he goes at night only on the pads as he has learned to tell me when he wants to go out. I have never been able to get him to poo on a pad.
dagibbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!