View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #11
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieDadNpines View Post
Thanks for your help and words of wisdom. But since the Mom isn't producing enough milk and has now started to limit her time with the pups, I started the weaing process yesterday. I am still bottle feeding them but also feeding them a gruel of soft food and water. They go crazy eating it up. So far they seem to be adjusting well. This may have not been the ideal way, but it's what I have to do. The whole whelping process has all been anything other than normal for my pups. But as long as they are doing good and healthy, I am happy. Thanks again
How do you know that the mom isnt producing enough milk? I am just wondering because most of the time milk comes in on the basis of the greater the demand, the greater of supply. I believe moms milk is so importent in both animals and people. Too many times women will stop nursing their babies too soon because they insist that they dont have enough supply, when in actuality, if bottles are not offered and you feed on demand, you will produce enough milk. Same goes for our furkids too.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!