View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Dog Trying NV Raw again...

OK,
Some of you may know all I went through last year with Chloe not eating, and some of you don't. The simple version is that Chloe went through a several month long spell (this wasn't a short-lived thing) where she ate very little, and would often go a few days of not eating. She was quite underweight, and during that time, we tried everything. And I mean EVERYTHING (Diamond, Innova, Evangers, Solid Gold, Chicken soup, Canidae, Merricks, Natural Balance, Nutro, Pinnacle, homecooking, and NV Raw, probably others I can't remember.) Anyhoo when she finally ate Eukanuba and ate consistently, even though a lot of people think poorly of it, it was fine by me because she has done beautifully on it. She is now at the perfect weight for her size, and very healthy.

So...when we were in KC, she at some of Nanci's (YorkieChick1) freeze-dried raw, and so I thought I'd give it a try again. I picked up some of those freeze-dried raw chicken steaks (Stella and Chewy's) and I also picked up two bags of NV raw frozen (the lamb and the chicken).

So I'm wondering how much I should really feed her. I gave her 3 medallions yesterday, and this morning, she wolfed down 3. The calculator says 2.9 (3), but I'm wondering if that is enough. Chloe is 6lbs 14oz (7).

I remember Lisa (Sukoshis Mom) said Tanuki eats 3, and Tanuki is a good bit smaller than Chloe. So I wonder if those of you who feed NV raw could tell me how many you feed per day, and how much your yorkie weighs.

Thanks

Last edited by mistyinca; 06-27-2008 at 05:58 AM.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!