View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #8
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I have yet to find a commercial food that doesn't have some ingredient in it that I don't agree with.

There is a sticky at the top of this section that has links to some companies that will send you free samples to try.

In addition, you may want to try this site:
Dog Food Review Ratings
It provides several links that examine the various commecial manufacturers.

What people here feed their furbutts is such a widespread variety... It is important to realize that while one food/diet may be the best for one person's dog, it may not be best for the next. It takes time and trying different brands and combos to find the best match for your dog's individual needs.

I.e., I feed a combo of Eukanuba YT, Nature's Balance, Nutro and Wellness, homecooked and supplements. I change it up day to day a bit and none of the 3 get the same ratio. I make several weeks' worth of homecooked at a time and freeze what I won't use within a few days. It seems to be the perfect fit for each of them, but it took a loooong time to get there and I'm sure it'll change again in the future.

Point being, don't get discouraged if the best fit isn't easy to come by for you. Try what you think is best and when you have found it, you will be able to tell from the results you see.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!