View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Love4Bella
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Just a warning about a breeder in OK

I bought my little zoey girl from a breeder in OK his name was Larry Jackson. He was very good to answer all my question ect. And I felt good about his breeding program. Little did I realize how misleading he was in every aspect!

Zoey I bought when she was 5 months. I was told she would be in the 5-7 pound range. When I got her at 5 months she was 2.8 pounds! And the vet said she may only get a few ounces bigger than she is now. She came to me with a HORRIBLE ear infection where puss and junk was coming out of her ears, and smelled HORRIBLE! She also had a very serious eye infection that is still being treated and has had some sight loss in her eye because of the infection. She had 3 open sores on her body that are very slowly healing and her over all condition was just a mess! This is how she was when I picked her up from the airport.

She was terrified and wouldn't come out from under the couch for about a week. and still to this day is timid. has not been socialized at all which I was told she was very socialized!

Another thing is that she was VERY inbred! I got her pedigree papers about 10 days after I purchased her from AKC and was shocked at what I saw! I was told that she was very well bred and nothing was ever mentioned to me about this kind of inbreeding!

I just wanted to warn everyone to be careful with this breeder. It may have been a 1 time thing but to send a dog in this condition to anyone is horrible to me! And for this breeders vet to sign the health certificate to fly to me is very concerning to me also! I was told that she was in excellent health before she was shipped and obviously that was not the case!!

I love my little Zoey but am very disappointed on this breeder and his practices as a very irresponsible person!
Love4Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!