View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #8
Sloan
Luv Love LOVE My Boys!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieChick1 View Post
This tribute to John Wayne really touched my heart... I had to read it to my husband who was touched as well. We lost one of our Yorkies, Butchie, to a tragic accident too. He drowned in a neighbors pool. We beat ourselves up about it also with all the could have, would have and should have's. He was only 4 years old and my hubbie's favorite. Time will dull the pain but JW will always be in your heart. It has been 8 years for us and I can smile now when I see Butch's photo. But sometimes I will open up his music box that contain his ashes and hear the music "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, Please don't take my sunshine away...." and I still get tears in my eyes. Sending you hugs and strength to get through this. Give a kiss to that new boy from us!

I read your post and it made me cry. I am so happy that the "you are my sunshine" song surrounds your baby's ashes. I remember that song being sung to me by my mother when I was very small....every once in awhile she will call me up and start singing it. It is the perfect song for a mother and her baby. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be extra cautious when my pup is near pools/water because of your story.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!