View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
Carsons Mommy
Mom 2 Carson & Bailey
Donating Member

Unlove We had the biggest scare of our lives tonight.

Well my boyfriend and I had the biggest scare of our lives tonight...
We were getting ready for bed and I put the dogs up on the bed with my boyfriend and walked in the other room (he was already half asleep). Well apparently Bailey wasn't ready for bed and went running up to Carson who was getting ready to lay down. I didn't see what happened but apparently she got too close to the edge and fell off. All I heard was a thud and my boyfriend screaming my name. I ran into the room and Bailey was laying on her side motionless.. I yelled her name and she just stared blankly back at me.

By this point I am absolutely flipping out. I carefully picked her up and took her into our office while I screamed to my boyfriend to look up the number to an emergency vet (we should of looked up this number a LONG time ago and had it handy in case something were to happen ). I laid her on the floor and she was literally as stiff as a board, it seemed like her heart was beating really slow and she seemed like she was totally paralyzed. I kept screaming her name and she just laid there and stared. She then started flailing her front legs like she was trying to move. At this point Ty had the emergeny animal hospital on the phone asking how to get there (as I'm literally FREAKING out in the background)

The hospital was about 10 minutes away and we were doing 90 all the way there and ran a red light (we were sure to look both ways but there is NO way I could have sat through a red light) The whole way there I kept making sure she was breathing and kept talking to her. When we got to the hospital they took her in the back and about 10 minutes later the vet came in and said that she was walking around and everything physically checked out okay. He said her neck was still somewhat stiff so he gave her an anti inflammatory shot and sent me home with some anti inflammatory pills.

I cannot even put into words how happy I am right now that she is okay. My boyfriend and I truly thought that she was either dead, dying or totally paralyzed. I wish I could get the image of her lying on the ground right after she fell out of my head

Needless to say neither Carson or Bailey will be sleeping with us in the bed any more (which will be very hard because they sleep with us EVERY single night ) We put the mattress in our spare bedroom on the floor and will be sleeping on that with both dogs tonight.. heh.

Except for being really tired Bailey seems to be acting totally normal. I feel like such a horrible mom but I'm just SO glad that she's alright. I just don't know what I would do if something happened to either one of my babies Sorry this is so long and thanks for listening guys

Last edited by Carsons Mommy; 06-26-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Carsons Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!