View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Yup here too - my poor Roxy. She would scratch her armpits raw, this went on for 1.5 yrs. I could heal it and then 2 weeks later the cycled continued. She has liver issues, so we are limited to what we can do. I will tell you that she is the best now that she has been since this started.

I feed her a home cooked meal and hardly give her any grains. She eats dried cranberries and dried blueberries daily.

I had to feed her 1/2 Children's chewable benedryl in her AM and PM food for about 2months now, but I needed to control the scratching while I was trying to heal her skin. I successfully put a big break in the cycle. For 1 month staright, b/c I read it takes 30 days for the skin to rejuvinate and heal, I feed her 1/4 teaspoon of Braggs apple cider vinegar in her AM food. I fed 1/4 teaspoon of Lily of the Dessert Aloe Vera Gel in her PM food, and 1/4 teaspoon of Orgainc Coconut oil in her PM food. She got bathed in a special microbacterial shampoo weekly and now bi-weekly. But it has been night and day how she is.

Here is some great info on the healing properties of Aloe Vera Gel for dogs...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!