View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My poor dog is scratching like crazy...anyone else with dogs with allergies?

Im not even sure it is allergies...all I know is that it is not fleas. For about a week my dog has been biting at her rear end and feet which I know if common in allergies. Now she has a bright red rash on her lower abdomen. She is so uncomfortable can cant rest well without scratching. I did take her to the vet today and gave me Termeril P and didnt really give me any ideas what it was. I know I should have asked more questions. Anyways, she has had one dose of the Temeril p and is has not helped at all. She sleeps with me at night and I know she will not be restful tonight. I hate to see her so uncomfortable...is there anything else I can do for her?
I think it is either a food allergy (I did switch their food recently) or an allergy from plants (maybe poison ivy)...we walk in a field everyday, next to a stream and they love to walk right against the bank where there is poison ivy and other stuff. I changed the food back today to what I was using before which they werent eating that well but didnt have any itching problems with. I guess when I walk them now I will make them stay away from the bank, but for the meantime is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable? Thanks
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!