View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #17
PinkGir
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

1. Was told today by a trainer that dogs do not want to poop where they pee, and thus I will need two separate areas for her to go potty. Is this true for your dog or did you train her to do both in the same spot?

Its harder to do....I had two seperate pads next to one another and then I combined them into one..she steadily goes both on the same pad now.

2. Does the choice of potty tools make a difference? That is to say, do you think using doggy litter vs pee pads would this change the answer to question #1.

they can eat/make a mess with the doggie litter. I suggest buying puppy pads (either washable or not) and a pad tray from petsmart (was one of ym favorite buys)

3. If your dog is trained to go indoors at your house, how easy is it to train her to do it on her chosen material (pee pad or doggy litter) when in a hotel or someone else's house?

easy! i just show her where it is and she goes on the pad no matter where ewe are. the downside is she hasnt figurd out yet that she can potty outside, so i ussually keep a pad on me no matter what

4. Which do you like better, pee pads or doggy litter and why?

see above!

5. Any advice/suggestions on things that worked for you that would help me in this area?

be consistant! you have to catch them before they squat. also, we did crate training.

finally, when she was giving signals that she had to go before she was fully trained, we would take her to her pee pad and make her stay there until she went, then let her off when she did go..

LOTS of praise...your puppy just won the doggy lottery!
Its so funny, b/c mine goes to the bathroom now then books over to me for her loves...mommy, look what i did! lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!