View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
RONLYNN
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sad Teddi is not feeling well

I know Teddi didn't eat this weekend but then when we got home she ate normally on Monday but then she didn't really eat again and last night she was throwing up and had diahrrea all night - like 5 times each. This morning I cleaned her up and then brought her in bed with me because I felt like she hadn't slept all night (because of her getting sick and because I made her sleep on the floor). Then around 10 am she stood up and I knew something was going to happen so I put her down and she had diahrrea again and this time it was really mucus looking. I decided that was it....I needed to get her to the vet.

We went to the vet and was able to get in. She didn't have a fever but she has lost 5 oz since our meetup. She was 3 lbs. last week and now she is 2 lbs. 11 oz. The vet felt her stomach and it didn't seem to hurt her so they are sending her diahrrea (the last one I picked up with a papertowel and put in a tupperwear) to the lab. They gave her some sub Q liquids and some meds to make her feel better. She told me to try to feed her some food about 6pm tonite and gave me A/D food. They also gave me a prescription for Flagyl and told me to start that tonight.

She just looks so sad and she keeps making whimpering sounds. I hope she is better soon. Is anyone else's dog sick after the meet up? I know Annika was but I think she is better. I don't know if it could be from the meetup because she seemed fine for Monday and Tuesday.

** PPU - Petite Pups United Member ** The PINK Club Member **
RONLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!