View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 AM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divaresearch View Post
So I am getting it that (no surprise) there is no hard and fast rule about peeing and pooping on the same pad, it depends upon the dog. Sunnie started out pooping everywhere but the pad, but is getting the idea now, so I will just keep doing what I am doing and not provide a second area. She has been with me 3 weeks now, got her at 17 weeks, and is really doing great. The only mistakes are due to my timing, so I am beginning a journal to get a better idea of the transit time from input to output for her system.

Also, based upon the feedback, it sounds like pee pads are more versatile than litter, because they more portable. Anyone use the litterbox? What are the advantages, if any?

Finally, for those of you using pads, do you put the pads in a pan or directly on the floor? Why or why not? What pan do you recommend?
I like the fact that you said the "only mistakes are due to my timing", because I really believe when they make a mistake, it's really our mistake because we haven't done something right. That's a great idea about the notebook too.

I use the pads directly on the floor and use the washable pads, and have never had a problem with leakage.

Join today and remove this ad!