View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgirle View Post
Biggie is 4 years old. I talked to the vet after we left and she wants us to see the Cardiologist befroe we do anything. Biggie has been honking for about a year and because he only does it sometimes, she wasn't concerned to medicate him right away. Thanks for your kind words Patti... and sorry you lost your Gracie.

Does your Pom live a normal life with a Collapsed Trachea?? For example, going on walks ect.... since Biggie has been having breathing problems when excited, we've limited his walks and car rides. Which I miss...
Yes, she has so many other conditions, Cushing's disease, liver disease, enlarged heart, collapsed trachea, congestive heart failure but she is doing really good right now, She can walk pretty good for about 1/2 block and then tires out and starts coughing. Also when she gets excited she will start couhging.. She gets coughing spells which have greatly reduced in length and frequency since she started on the heart meds. we cannot treat her CT because the medicine is a steroid and with Cushing's disease she is already over producing cotisone so in away the vet said she is treating herself and we can't put her on more. WIth all she has going on she seems to be in really goos spirits and definatley still enjoying life.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!