View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #10
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I am try to slowly faze out the chicken. I only continued it b/c the breeder gave it to them. I have already spoken to the Vet about Irritable Bowel Syndrome, he feels that TJ is too young to be expereincing IBS. He feel that he is either digesting something around the house that he shouldn't be (including poop) OR he is allergic to something in his food. My plan is to give this my 100% attention. For the next week, I am keeping him under my close eye. I will be able to control him NOT getting into things around the house. The poop I hope the Deter will control that (b/c while I am at work, I can not control him eating it, so again, HOPEFULLY the Deter will help that). And I can control his Food Intake. He will only be getting the Innova Puppy Dry, I am fazing out the chicken, and he will only get 1 Old Mother Hubbard Puppy Buscuit in the AM before I leave and Maybe ? 1 more at night (but probably not :-)
So, that is my plan, and I will continue like this until I know it is safe to introduce any other healthy treats down the road, if I even need to. (Although, they do love the Nutri Dent, so later in time, I hope I can give it to them...)
And IF and WHEN this gurgling/mucus poop episode ever happens again, I WILL BE AT THE VET IMMEDIATELY!!! And at that point he will suggest that I put Roxy and TJ on a strict diet, one of Venison, something without chicken or beef which could cause an allergic reaction in the tummy and digestion.
I will definatley keep you posted, please keep your fingers crossed for me!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!