View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
sammiz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
Capstar is definitely a great starter but at $5 a pill (at least at MY vet), it can get costly. I have had to use them and would recommend using them now WHILE taking care of the house though. It's so important to get them out of the house and if your animals spend time outside, do the yard too.

Don't forget about those kitties too - if you still have them!

I do still have those kitties. **SIGH** The vet and I thoroughly discussed using the same Advantage treatment on them as I am using on Sassy. She told me that Advantage is the exact same ingredients in the exact same dosage for cats and dogs. She got a box of both and we went over it thoroughly. She told me this is the only one I can use that on both the kitties and Sassy. She says that it has been tested on new-borns even, with no adverse effects. BUT THEN....

My best friend is a cat person through and through. She is adamantly against me using this on the kitties. She says it will kill them...and it doesn't matter what the vet says. I am so torn, now. On the one hand, I want to believe that my vet knows more than my friend and gives me correct advise. On the other, what if something happens to the kitties if I use it? Gosh. Trying to do the right thing has become a nightmare for me and Sassy. I just don't know what to do.

I tried to get Capstar there but they don't carry it because it is so expensive they don't think folks here will buy it as it must be used every day. I only wanted it for a few days. So if I use it I will have to find it elsewhere.

I am having someone come and treat the yard. It's the darn stray cats that bring all the fleas. I guess I will just have to put the kitties in a carrier so I can take them out and then bomb the house? Mercy, this is killing me!

Last edited by sammiz; 06-25-2008 at 10:30 AM.
sammiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!