View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Reese was mis-diagnosed with an enlarged heart. Due to symptoms he had one morning when we woke up....we took him in to the ER vet's. An x ray was performed and we were told they thought his heart was enlarged. We were referred to a cardiologist. The ER vet kept Reese that afternoon....during that time...continued to run tests and we learned he had ciccodia.

I made and kept the appointment with the cardiologist...to ease my mind. Reese did not have typical cardiac symptoms...being winded, not playing, nothing...but I wanted to know for sure.

During the appointment with the cardiologist...she explained that vets have a image chart of a "normal" heart that is used as a comparison...however, in yorkies...who, as a breed, have larger hearts (don't we already know that? ) it isn't a medical condition. I still paid $225 for an ultrasound and visit....Reese is right as rain.

Unless Biggie has some other symptoms...I would say his heart is probably fine. But you have to make the decision whether or not to hear that definitively from the cardiologist. I didn't want to spend any time...wondering.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!