View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
lvgirle
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad Collapsed Trachea, possible Enlarged heart

Hello everyone. I've been reading up on everyone's threads about their little babies with Collapsed Trachea's and enlarged hearts but here is Biggie's story.

I made a thread about this a while ago but, we attempted to go on a road trip to Florida (we're from Michigan) and Biggie has never had any problems with being in the car. To make a long story short we had to turn around because Biggie was throwing up and honking and having troubled breathing. Ever since then he has honked when excited.

Today he had his annual vet visit for rabies and other vaccines and I asked our vet about his breathing. Biggie only has trouble breathing and honks when he is excited (IE: going on walks, ppl coming over, any excitement). So our vet recommended an X-ray. After the x-ray was done, she told us that Biggie may have en enlarged heart and that we should go to a Vet-Cardiologist to verify this information. My bf thinks that the vet is trying to get more money out of us because Biggie would need an ultra sound at the Cardiologist which is $335 on top of the $309 we spent already on his annual visit plus x-ray. When we left I wanted to just ask her what medications we need or what we can do!? She left us basically with nothing.

Our vet didn't give us any information about what we can do now except see this Cardiologist.

Has anyone ever seen a vet-cardiologist? I want whatever is best for my Biggie and will do whatever it takes but I also don't want to be taken for all my money??

Join today and remove this ad!