View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #7
vegasrush
Senior Yorkie Talker

I used to work for VCA. They have great vets, but most of them move on rather quickly. They are like all major corporations, out for the almighty dollar. The vets are told to "upsell" their clients. Foods, shots, etc... I can't say anything bad about the way they help animals, but it bugged me to charge people for things their pets did not need.

Our medical director was getting mad at the receptionists for not putting the right shots needed in the clients chart. Yelling and condescending the girls like they were too dumb to count weeks between shots. So I said is that why you administered 3 bordatellas on such and such's puppy. She shut right up.

The vets get a percentage of every procedure they do. The corporation did not pass the money down to the other workers though. When it came time for raises, they would give a dollar amount for the entire hospital and it was up to the hospital director to dole it out. Let's put it this way, we got less than .05 per hour.

Most of the vets I worked with were very caring and good, so vet skills were way up there. (But most of them left because of the "upsell")
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!