Thread: Frightened Baby
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seashell
I hope someone can help with my problem child. Jasmine will be 5 months old on September 4th. I got her when she was 13 weeks old. She is afraid of everything and everyone. When I try to pick her up her ears go down and she kinda drops real low like I am going to hit her.I have never hit her, so I don't know what she is afraid of. She is very playful it's only when you try to pet her or pick her up that she acts afraid. I hold her alot and give her treats, I let her lick all over me, she lays in my lap, on my sofa, on my bed I try to show her that she is loved and there is nothing to be afraid of, but it hasn't worked. Once you have her picked up she is fine it's just when you try to pick her up. I also support her well when I pick her up. What do you think is the problem, and how can I fix it. It is kinda embarrassing when someone trys to pet her (even me) and she starts cowering like an abused dog. Please help me.

I'm not sure if I can be of any help or not. I would say just keep doing exactly what you are doing? Did you get her from a breeder? Have you talked to whomever you got her from to see if maybe there is some reason why she is so timid. Maybe something happened that scared her before you got her and she just hasn't gotten over it. It's just like with housebreaking you have to be patient with her. Good Luck.

A friend of mine has a Min Pin and it took her quite a while to get to where she would warm up to anyone including her owners. It may just be her personality. She is an absolute sweetheart now. I'm her second mommy we babysit quite a bit if our friend has to go out of town. They since have gotten a divorce and they had 2 min pins. She kept the male and he the female. She is like one of my own dogs. That how she is just all over me. So there is hope it may just take a while.

I hope things get better. Keep us posted.

Last edited by shecass; 08-30-2005 at 08:11 AM.
shecass is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!