View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Friday, June 20
12:30am – head to bed
3:00am – Sissy FINALLY falls asleep
6:00am – wake up call from all 3 doggies!!!!!
9:00am – head into Leawood, KS to visit my aunt’s gravesite
10:00am – a little shopping on Hawthorne Plaza
12:00noon – return to Holiday Inn
1:30pm – lunch at MSM Grill on the Plaza
4:30pm – head to Loose Park for meet-up
7:00pm – return to hotel, eat some snacks for dinner
11:30pm – Des and Lisa return from dinner and girl talk ensues

A noteworthy personal detail; my aunt’s ashes are interred in the Memorial Gardens of her church. Sissy and Angel are both named in remembrance of my aunt. They went in their stroller with me, along with Izzy and Cyndi. When I went into the garden and put my hand on her plate, I felt as if I was being hugged and a sense of peace really settled in. We were only in the garden for about 3 minutes. The receptionist in the lobby had photos of her Westies in sight, so we stopped and chatted for a few moments about her dogs and she fussed over our girls. We then secured the girls back in their car seats, put the stroller in the trunk and started the car. Now, we had listened to my Ipod for the entire drive. When we arrived in KC the night before, I simply disconnected the Ipod and the first radio station that came in was where the radio was. Driving there, we weren’t paying any attention to the music as I was acting as tour guide for Cyndi. So, when I started the car and heard the song on the radio, I was astounded. I Hope You Dance was playing. This was the song I sang at my aunt’s funeral. I know she was sending me a message that she knew I was there and that everything would be okay. Needless to say, we drove out of the parking lot in tears (happy tears)……….

Memorial Garden where my aunt is
Our Kansas City Journey.....-memorial-garden2.jpg
Getting ready for the park
Our Kansas City Journey.....-ready-park.jpg
Dee (Scrapindee) and Gumdrop
Our Kansas City Journey.....-gumdrop-park.jpg
Only the first few park attendees
Our Kansas City Journey.....-park.jpg
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!