View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #4
yorkiegirl83
Love My Furbabies!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
I got allergy shots for about 9 years or so. I never was told to carry an epi pen. My allergist made you wait for a minimum of 5 minutes (but preferably 15 minutes) after getting the shot before you left his office. Apparently if you are going to have a reaction to it, it would happen that quickly. Not sure why your dr. would have the epi pen policy.

And seriously, if you're nervous about the shots, they really are not bad. It's such a tiny skinny needle. Now, as you graduate to the "maintenance serum", I will admit that it is a little more painful but for me it was mostly because the serum is so thick and I have very little cushion on my arms. If you rub the site real good and briskly right afterwards, it helps the serum spread out and not stay in a lump (which is what causes most of any pain). But the first vials were such a very thin liquid that I really had very, very minimal pain. Good luck with it all!!
Hi, I'm not sure why they have that policy -- I guess as a precaution if something was to happen.

I'm not at all worried about the shots, more worried about what will happen if I have a freak reaction to the shots .

I had finally gotten used to the idea of getting the shots, but him telling me to carry an epi pen for 24 hours after scared the crap outta me! So now I'm nervous again!
yorkiegirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!