View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
LittleMansMomma
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Tawny's First Vet Visit!

I'm definitely going to need the support and help of my YT family!

Tawny's official weight is 1 lb 12 ozs. She is actually 4 1/2 weeks old! (UGH! The nerve of some people! I got mad all over again!) She has/had hook worms and possibly tape worms. They gave her a pill to kill all types of worms. Her heart and lungs sounded really good! I think they found maybe 5 fleas on her and they were all dead! No more fleas! YAY! All total count of fleas on my baby girl was 165! (and yes I did count each one, even the ones that fell off in the 2 baths that she had to have.)

The vet did tell me that if I hadn't taken her when I did and help get those fleas off of her and got her seen. She more than likely wouldn't have made it to next week. He said with the hook worms and fleas combined she lost alot of blood and nuturition. I have to give her nutrical every 4 hours when I feed her the milk supplement. He said just a dab on the tip of my finger should do it. He said do that for a week, then the next week just a dab once a day. He said to continue to give her 1/4 of a capstar pill every other day until that pill is gone. He said for me to keep her and Little Man way from each others feces until we know for sure the hook worms are gone and to bring her back in 3 weeks for her second set of shots!

Wish me luck because I have a few long and hard weeks a head of me!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!