View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #3
RebelBelle
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I chose not to do the Lyme Vaccine. I don't think it has a high enough effective rate and it is a vaccine that has a high reactive rate to it. We have A LOT of ticks here so I chose to use Advantix on Ozzy as a preventive. He is under 4 lbs so I only use half of the tube. I know some dogs don't react well to the topical oils but so far he has done really well. The deer bring the ticks into our yard so we really can't treat for them. I'm not sure about the whole flea question perhaps some one else can help out there.If you search I think there is a thread about more natural remedies too. Good luck!
Thanks for your response! Thankfully I have a fenced yard so no deer. I would definitely rather treat the yard than treat Jamie if possible. Like your baby Jamie is small. I remember that when I first signed up on YT before I got him there was a thread about flea preventative building up in their system and making them sick. I just wanna do whats best for my baby. Ahhh the woes of being a Yorkie mom...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!