View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
Kendraleigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default update

So they did the ultrasound and there is definitely evidence of pancreatitis. The only thing concerning them is why his protein levels dropped so dramatically b/c his type of pancreatitis is not severe enough to cause that. It went from 3.6-1.1 in one day while he was on fluids and meds.

While doing the ultrasound they noticed a pocket of fluid on one side around his lung. They said this could be related to the protein loss, but it's concerning that it's only on one side. They are drawing out the fluid today to test it and hoping that it's clear b/c it could just be a weird case. Protein loss enteropathy can cause fluid to go to other parts of the body. On the other hand, more seriously, it could be hiding something like a tumor and be lymphoma or heart disease (since he was little, they always said his heart looked enlarged). Sometimes once they draw out the fluid, it could just relieve the problem and we'll never see it again. I'm praying this is the case.

He is staying again tonight and based on the results from the tests today we'll see when he's coming home.

They did say he is surprisingly happy for everything he's going through and his stomach is becoming less tense and distended.

I know my little guy is a fighter so I'm praying this will all be over soon.
Kendraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!