View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Default Marcel was bitten by Fire Ants this morning!

I was getting ready this morning and Tony had let the boys in from outside. I felt Marcel doing "figure 8's" around my feet and he just kept going - so I looked down - and his body was rounded and tail totally tucked and he was shaking like crazy. So I scooped him right up and could not figure out what was wrong, but knew something was wrong - so I went in by Tony and I'm all "something's WRONG!!!" - all of a sudden an ant crawls from Marcel to my hand. And immediately I knew he'd been bitten by ants. Poor baby! So, of course dork-ily, my first dumb thought is "I need to get on YT!" (clear sign of addiction) - but then my common sense returned and then I remembered when this happened to Tatum so severely.

So, we gave him liquid children's benadryl immediately, nutrical and searched his entire body - we only found about 5 ants. He likes to eat grass sometimes and he had little pieces of grass on his face - we found about 3 ants in his beard, so I think he was bitten in the face.

Luckily, that was the extent of it - and after about 15 minutes he was fine and back to himself - but omg was he terrified and he wanted his Momma so badly, poor little fella. So, just be careful because these ants are just everywhere right now.

Now I need to figure out how to kill these ants that are clearly in our little patch of grass in the backyard and block it off for awhile - anyone else have to do that before?

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!