View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Kendraleigh
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Back from the vet after 5 hours :(

Thanks for all your replies. My mom, husband and I just returned from Red Bank Veterinary Hospital. We went tonight to our vet and Sam seemed to be doing bad again. His stomach was very sore and bloated, he had more diarrhea in the office, but no blood. The dr we spoke with scared us to death and told us to take him to Red Bank b/c his protein levels had dropped dramatically. He could be suffering from pancreatitis which is causing protein loss enteropathy. He looked so sad. We took him to Red Bank and the dr there was much more calm and made us feel more at ease. They are going to keep him on iv and antibiotic/pain meds and then perform a urine analysis and ultrasound tomorrow to confirm or rule out pancreatitis. She was saying that anything from pancreatitis to gastritis to an obstruction in bowel or inflammatory bowel disease can cause the protein levels to drop. I will know more tomorrow, but am praying I don't get a phone call tonight about any changes for the worse. I just want my baby to be ok and be able to meet his little sister that's on the way
Kendraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!