Thread: Frustrated...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
ScootieBootie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Frustrated...

I can not believe people! This week, I've had 3 people call and ask if I take in dogs to rehome. I tell them I work with a non profit all breed rescue, and ask what the situation is.

I got told by 2 out of the three that they are moving...One was moving the day after he called me and wanted to get his dog "now," the other had a week before they were moving...

What is wrong with people??? Seriously...do they really think magic can be performed and a space for THEIR dog will be there????

Then I tell them they can move with their dog, and it really boils down to they don't want the dog.

Now I just had a guy call me and ask to take his black lab. I said why. He said because the dog growls at his 5 year old and jumped/knocked her down and scratched her up.

I told him he needs to get training for his dog, and it more than likely can be turned around. I told him right now his only option (all the no kill shelters are full) is to take him to animal control, where he will most likely be killed because he is 100 pound black dog!

His response? (Mind you, he had been telling me this dog is "aggressive" toward his child!) Can his dog be a service/therapy dog or a police dog??? WTH????? Dude...like did you reeeealy just ask me that question?

I just don't understand people. I really don't get it.

And in reality, his dog is probably friendly and has never been taught basic obedience or how to behave around kids. It's "fun" when the dog is jumping on you and mouthing you when it's a puppy, but when it gets bigger, the light bulb goes off in people's head and it's not fun anymore.

What do people expect?????

Moving is NOT a reason to give up a pet...I just don't get it. We move with our pets. Always have, and we are military!
ScootieBootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!