View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Madison was done on June 10th. He went in at 8:45 am and I picked him up at 4 PM. He was fully awake, able to walk (although he was a little tottery) and there was no bleeding or discharge, nor sutures or dressings.

When I got him home, they told me I could give him half his normal amount of food (b/c he is small; larger dogs I think they want you to wait til after 8pm); which he took with no problem at all. He seemed quite comfortable (they'd given him Morphine as a pain shot b/c they normally give a non steroidal antiinflammatory as pain shot that lasts 24 hours (so they say), but he has gastric issues, so they decided it might be risky to do that and opted for the MS instead). I used a onesie on him when he first got home and over night b/c I wanted to make sure he didn't lick the area, but he really never seemed to be inclined to do that.

He slept on the bed with me all night without any problems and the next morning, he jumped off the bed, onto the bench at the end, then to the floor...and raced outside....I couldnt' stop him. He and Max ran around, peeing on every shrub they could and then ran inside, ready for breakfast. I think he tired out a little bit more than normal the first day, but since then, he's been his usual, crazy self, racing around, jumping and playing. I kept him out of water and had him groomed finally on day 10 which they told me no bathing for 7-10 days.

He's had absolutely not one single problem. I'd love to see the Yorkie that you can prevent from running, playing or jumping (and I DID try!!!) once they feel good. They recover amazingly quickly! Good luck with yours!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!