View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Default More Vaccine Info - Food For Thought

I found this interesting site that offers some good vaccine info I haven't ran across before. http://www.angelfire.com/biz/froghol...accBlanco.html This is a subject I'm very interested in and the more research I do, the more I'm convinced we're doing much harm to our dogs and their future pups. I've also found that vaccines that are packaged in multi-dose vials have preservatives in them that can be harmful. Even if you do your own vaccinations, by law a vet must administer the rabies shot and this would be a vaccine that is packaged in multi-dose vials. Though it's just my own opinion, at this time I'm getting a gut feeling that many conditions (even some that are suspected to be genetic) that we see in dogs are the result of vaccines and/or over-vaccinations. On a related note, I was re-reading through The Joy of Breeding Your Own Show Dog by Ann Seranne and saw that she recommends giving a bitch a booster of DHL before breeding if she hasn't been vaccinated in the last 6 months. I don't agree with this at all. I'm not trying to slam MS. Seranne as the book has a copyright of 1980 and maybe at that time it seemed like a good idea. However, since this book is considered a must-have by many breeders, I wonder how many have followed this advice in the past and are we now seeing the results of this in the many health problems in some dogs. I'm not trying to 'stir the pot' with this post but it has got me wondering if these things are related. I realize there is no direct link yet proven or even a broad concensus; I'm just trying to connect the dots. I'd like to hear the thoughts on this from some of you on this subject.
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!