View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
emilyann
Lovin' My LilBug!
Donating Member

Plane Hotel fees outrageous for a not so nice hotel, what?!

My boyfriend's job is a traveling job. He's a welder/millwright and he works for a small individual owned business where they have different jobs in different states and they go for 2 - 3 weeks at a time. Which, I'm sure you can understand, literally SUCKS for our relationship and for Lilly not getting to see her daddy much. We've talked before about us going with him only to find out the fee for pets had just went to $15 from $10 a night. Which is $180 for basically NOTHING. So we said forget that as I could just stay home. Well, it's been maybe 2-3 weeks since that and we recently found out where he's going next is on the other side of Lexington, KY which isn't too far from where we live but far enough. His boss told me to call the Super 8 (where they usually stay, I guess because it's cheap) and see how much the fee is, if they could discount it since it's going to be for a little while and if you have to pay it up front or at the end. I call... only to be told that it has just went up to $20! I think it's like meaning that I just shouldn't go because each time I've called it's JUST went up. A whopping $240 for a dog no bigger than a turd. SO, once again I'll probably not be able to go and to top that off he's only going to be home for a day this time instead of Friday, Sat & Sun like usual.

It wouldn't be so bad if the hotel was actually nice but most Super 8's I've EVER stayed in were so disgusting and I thankfully brought my own blankets and wore my slippers or flip flops the entire time. Are fees usually this much or are they usually more?

Any ideas? We have absolutely no one (as my DB has moved me away from all of my family) that we could leave Lilly with nor would I want to.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!