View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Franceen
YT 500 Club Member

Default A Poem for those grieving for their pets

I was sent this poem when I lost a pet years ago. I think it is quite well known, but I thought I would post it as it helped me so much.

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME,
AND I'M NOT THERE TO SEE,
THE SUN WILL RISE AND FIND YOUR EYES,
ALL FILLED WITH TEARS FOR ME

I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVED ME,
SO MUCH - AS I LOVED YOU.
AND EACH TIME YOU THINK OF ME
I KNOW YOU'LL MISS ME, AS I DO YOU.

BUT AN ANGEL CAME AND CALLED ME
SHE TOOK ME IN HER ARMS
AND SUDDENLY I WAS WELL AGAIN
BUT SAD TO LEAVE YOUR ARMS

SHE TOOK ME TO A BEAUTIFUL PLACE
IN PET HEAVEN FAR ABOVE
THERE I PLAY WITH LOTS OF FRIENDS
WHILE WE WAIT FOR THOSE WE LOVE

IF I COULD BE ALIVE ONCE MORE
EVEN FOR A LITTLE WHILE
I’D RUN TO YOU AND KISS YOUR FACE
JUST TO SEE YOU SMILE

PLEASE DO NOT CRY, MY BELOVED MOMMY
FOR I AM HAPPY, WELL AND FREE
I WILL BE HERE WAITING FOR YOU
FOR OUR BOND OF LOVE LASTS ETERNALLY

AND WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME
PLEASE DON'T THINK WE'RE FAR APART
FOR EVERY TIME YOU THINK OF ME
I'LL BE RIGHT THERE IN YOUR HEART.

I send my love, prayers and condolences to all of you who are suffering the loss of your darling Yorkie. It seems absolutely unbearable at the time when you lose a dearly loved pet, but eventually, with time, you find you are able to cope. There will always be the odd time when a memory starts the tears flowing again, but this will be balanced by the memories that make you smile. We open our hearts to love our pets completely, knowing that the time will come when we will be parted from our darlings for a while. It is so terribly hard, but we have to be brave and thankful that we enjoyed the gift of their love and company for a while and were richer for it. I believe that we will be reunited with our precious pets.

My love and hugs to all of you who are hurting - wish I could be there for each of you, to give you what comfort I can. All I can say is that I understand the pain and heartbreak you are feeling and I will be sending prayers to heaven for you, asking God to ease your heartache and to remove any bad memories of their passing and give you peace.

Franceen xxx
Franceen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!