View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
kobes mama
Yorkie Talker

Default Incompetant Vet @ PetSmart

So, I've had Kobe for about three weeks now. We got him on a Sunday and I took him to the Vet the next morning. I went to Banfield Animal Hospital located in PetSmart on recommendations from a couple of people who spoke wonders of this one doctor there.
On our first two visits, we did see that particular doctor and might I say that she is GREAT!
On our third visit this past Saturday, a different doctor came into the exam room. Kobe was there to get his bordetella shot (the one in the nose). Well I had a bad feeling about this other lady but I just shrugged it off. She gave him the shot on his right shoulder. Kobe's my first dog so I really don't know much about vaccines and where there supposed to be administered - that's what the vet is for I thought. Well, this whole ordeal has been a wake up call.
I research everything now, even the smallest thing is a huge deal to me.
Needless to say that Kobe is doing great now but what a horrible scare! They even had to keep him for observation a couple of hours. I was mortified, that had been the first time he'd been away from me.
He had a slight case of diarrhea for a few days and threw up once but now he's doing great.
Of course, I never want to see that vet again and I made it very clear at the animal hospital that she is never to go anywhere near Kobe when we're there.
So, keep an eye out and always be aware of what the vet is doing and giving to your babies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!