View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty'sMom View Post
I'm sorry for poor Dottie...but, I think he should try to do the surgery before July 16th. Do you know of any other good vets in the area? Besides the pain she is going through, waiting almost a month to remove a lump that could be malignant doesn't make sense to me. Please think about it.
No, I don't know any other good vets in the area, I mean, their are vets, but not any that I trust the way I do our vet. We went through all of those vets BEFORE we found the vet we have now and I didn't like any of them. We've had very bad expeirences (sp) with other vets. We had to have our boxer put down some years back and the vet we had went to at the time told us how it would be done. He said there'd be two shots, the first one to relax him and the second one to put him down. So, that's what we believed. Well, he came in the room, gave Apollo a shot and said that's it. I didn't understand. I said, well when does he get the other shot? He said, he doesn't, that's it. I was very upset! Then he mis measured the amount that it would take to put Appollo down and had to go get two other syringes and give him two more does to get him to pass on. Int he meantime, my husband has to hold Appollo on the floor and got his head rammed into the table and was passing blood while this doc went and got other syringes to finish what should have been an easy peaceful passing. Another vet had taken us back to check out another one of our furkids at a different time and different place and when we got back there, there was INSIDES of an animal laying exposed in a sink! Needless to say, we walked right out. I'm very worried about Dottie but if this lump is malignant, it's not going to be any less malignant if she's seen tomorrow by another vet. I hate the thought of her being in pain with her tooth but I'm not gonna risk taking her to a vet I don't trust. I just want her to be ok.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!