View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Confused Gurgling Noises & Mucus Poop!

TJ is going back to the Vet tonight. For the past 3 weeks it has been about every 3 to 4 days, he has that gurgling noises and then mucus poop. I have really tried to puppy proof, and I have cut back on the treats and anything that I think would bother him, but he just has such a sensitive tummy (I guess) and I am lossing my mind now! He'll eat anything he can find! And it only takes a minute! I have NO CLUE what is bothering him. Either it is something around the house, the poop that I can't get him to stop eating, or a food allergy! He eats Innova Puppy Dry (in the AM I sprinkle the tiniest bit of boiled chicken that I mush and crumble with my fingers, the breeder fed them Eukanuba Dry and then would give them Chicken 2x a day). I stopped giving him the pea sized nutrical and he gets 1 or 2 Old Mother Hubbard Puppy Biscuits a day.

Saturday at 3 am he woke me up and that gurgling noise was the loudest I have ever heard it. He pooped 2x, very soft and the noises continued until 8:30 am when he pooped 4 more times, but it was yellow and mucus. Once that happens, he is all better! Ready to eat and play!
This has happened since the first week of getting him (but only a couple of times and there was evidence around house that he was getting into something, like the walls, and moulding and the wooden baby gate), then there was a good month of nothing, he had good poop, sometimes soft, but no mucus or noises, but like I said, the past 3 weeks has been like every 3-4 days. And he also threw up 2x later in the morning on Sunday (But I think it was from the Deter I gave him)...
BASICLY, I don't know what is going on with him and I really hope the Vet can help!
Has anyone else expereinced anything similar?

TJ will be 7 months on the 31st. He is approx. 4 lbs and other than these episodes he is great and seems perfectly normal. (even during these episodes he seems fine, except that he will not eat until that finally mucus poop comes out)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!