View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
cesar49
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2 View Post
Lola was like 6.2 lbs and now is nearly 7 lbs. IS your dog's hair long? I could tell on Lola because her body is shaved down. One thing I did that gave me more confirmation is that I measured her ribcage and her waist. She always had a defined waistline and her belly was sunk in if I carried her.Her normal ribcage girth was 12" -12.5" I measured her like 10 days ago and she was 13"! I measured her this week and she is already 14" inches! She is eating the same amount of food but is putting on weight and belly is growing.
I know the suspense is awful. am counting down the days for her Xray in 8 more days! I sure hope that the puppies bones have calcified so they can show up on the xray.I would hate to have to come back in a few days! The vet told me by 45 days,it seems everyone has a different opinion about this including vets and breeders.

Can you take any pictures of your dog's abdomen and post them.I know you really cant tell for sure by a picture.Has she shown any symptoms at all?
i wish i had measured rib cages...too late now.. its probably not pregnancy.. i was feeding extra because i thought she might be.. its probably time for diet and extra exercise... thank you.
i will try to get some photos..she hates to be on her back.. either way, i will know soon.. has anyone had a singleton litter where the mom does not show?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!