View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
I think the reason your vet may have said that is because if your dog does not get better within that amount of time, then Nutri-cal is probably not going to help. If this is the case, it's very possible that your baby may have a different problem. Make sure to log when your baby has seizures. Does it happen after meals or when?
I free feed so I don't know but from examining my past dogs at the time of their low blood sugar seizures, I find them without fat bellies like the other puppies. I have to assume that for whatever reason, they stop eating. Most of the time the ones with low blood sugar problems end up being smaller than 3 lbs as adults. There were 4 puppies in this litter, mom is over 10 lbs and dad is about 9 lbs. Taboo and Toby are tinies and the other two look like they will be about 7 lbs fully grown.

Right now, I am force feeding Taboo cause she is not eating enough to keep her energy up. I am limiting her activity so she is not using up any extra energy. We have tried everything that has worked in the past, liver (raw & boiled), canned dog food, hot dogs, bologna, KFC chicken, boiled chicken, braunswagger, hamburger, steak, anything we can think of, heated and cold! If I keep a close watch on her, feeding her every 3-4 hours, she is fine. It just wears all of us out. None of my dogs have liver problems (knock on wood), so that hasn't been the problem.

I love the Dyne because it has egg white in it, where the Nutri-Cal and Nutri-Stat don't. Most of the vitamins are the same but I can't tell about the amounts because the Nutri-Cal and Nutri-Stat serving is per teaspoon while the Dyne measures by ounce. All I do know is that my dogs respond better to the Dyne than to Nutri-Cal or Nutri-Stat. I overdosed Lily with Nutri-Cal when she came down with the low blood sugar over a year ago (she was the first one) but so far (knock on wood), I have not overdosed any of the others with Dyne.
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!