View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Judy in Waco
Gizzy & Kandi spoil me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzkyle View Post
I too am in the business of dog rescue. My daughters and I volunteer at the local county animal shelter. In late April a puppymill surrendered 302 Yorkies per order of the authorities here in CA. Our foster pup Lily was one of them. The shelter called me to pick her up for fostering ASAP. She was about 8 years old, so thin, almost toothless with horrible breath. She a double ear infection, hernias, and hair loss. She was de-barked and made a loud croaking sound. She paced in front of her cage frantically. She was believed to be pregnant, but was not showing, and the vet has not been able to determine it to date.
We taught Lily to walk on floors,and grass. We taught her to potty outside, take her first(?) bath ever, to play with our other dogs, and to love humans. She is the sweetest dog,happy now, and content to sleep on a lap all day. How rewarding fostering a dog can be! I wish more people could do it.
Welcome to YT! Please post an introduction in the general discussion. I almost missed your post and I'm sure others have. We also love photos. You did a wonderful thing by rescuing her! Thank you!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!